Other Sports Forum

Other Sports Forum

NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL, MLS, EPL, you name it. Talk about it here.

Bengals Final Stretch Thread(grades+predictions)

+19 HS
Spartan13's picture
December 11, 2022 at 5:18pm
223 Comments

Bengals finally get the Browns monkey off their back and at 9-4 are in a really weird spot where they are both competing for the #1 seed and to simply win the division. 

Bengals final games

• @Tamp Bay(6-6) Tom Brady's divorce year isnt going well and the Buccaneers have just been playing gross games all year. Its a road game against a team with some talent but this should be a win
  • @Patriots(6-6) Really similar to the Bucs. Not playing great but has some talent and coaching to be competitive. Tough to have back to back road games against decent opponents though. If the Bengals can get healthy this should be a win
  • Bills-Massive game that could determine seeding/division winners. With a win Bengals probably end up as the #2 seed and a L could mean Bengals are a wild card team and have to play on the road 3 straight games. Bills havent been playing all that great lately.
  • Ravens-They come to town and Lamar should be back and healthy. Unfortunately the Bengals are in a position where a tied record would likely mean the Ravens win the division due to overall division record. Still this final two game home stand is huge.

Division Prediction-I think both the Bengals and Ravens finish 3-1 which again means the Ravens win the division. Bengals have so many injuries I dont think this stretch will allow them to go 4-0, just too many good teams. 

Draft Grades

• Dax Hill(1st-Safety)- Incomplete: I think we all wanted to see more from Hill this year but its really hard because he was always meant to have an impact in the future. Hill will be the replacement for Jessie Bates who the Bengals will let walk so they can try to resign Burrow/Higgins/Jonah/Hurst this offseason. 
  • Cam Taylor-Britt(2nd-CB)- A: This has been a very pleasant surprise. Bengals targeted a ton of other corners who flew off the board in front of them. They traded up to get the final "draftable" guy in the early rounds. Awuzie went down and CTB has stepped in without missing a step. Dude is physical and really good in coverage, this is all after being injured for most of camp/early in the year. Great pick.
  • Zac Carter(3rd-DT pass rusher)- C+: He carved out the role as expected earning backup 3T behind BJ Hill and playing a lot on passing downs. At least we know this isnt a guy who will be cut sometime soon. However he hasnt been productive so far but he hasnt been bad. Hopefully we can see development for the athletic DT.
  • Cordell Volson(4th LG)- A+: This may be the best pick of the whole draft. Bengals straight up bailed themselves out of the disaster of Jackson Carmen. Bengals went and spent money on the OL but had to rely on their draft picks to fill in at LG, problem was they all sucked. Bengals took one hail mary shot on a dude from North Dakota State and man he panned out as a freaking rookie. Not enough good things to say about Volson, started the year rough but has improved every week and is now an above average guard. He fits the culture much better than Carman. I imagine he will be in Cincy playing good football for a long time. 
  • Overall B+  I love this draft class so much more today than I did at the time. I wanted to try to keep Bates but the Bengals being able to replace him AND draft a good starting corner in the first couple rounds is insane. Money will be able to flow over from the defense to the offense to resign the star players because of these hits. Zac Carter at the very least will be quality depth and could also continue developing into a good pass rushing DT. Volson has been at a pro bowl level the past few weeks and was PFFs best player against the Chiefs. I am assuming Hill pans out. 3 good starters and 1 good depth piece is an awesome draft. 

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 223 Comments