Other Sports Forum

Other Sports Forum

NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL, MLS, EPL, you name it. Talk about it here.

World Cup Thread Pt. 2

+22 HS
Cooper's picture
November 25, 2022 at 1:36pm
242 Comments

Knockout stage time, everyone!

The USMNT take on The Orange at 10 A.M. EST Saturday. The U.S. announced Pulisic is fit to play on Saturday after suffering a pelvic contusion against Iran. Josh Sargent is still battling an injury and is not likely to feature tomorrow. Meanwhile, the Netherlands team is reportedly facing a flu outbreak. Some players have blamed the "omnipresent air conditioning" in the stadiums, but who knows.

For those unfamiliar with the Netherlands team, they are ranked in the top 10 of the FIFA rankings and star Frenkie de Jong, Virgil van Dijk, Memphis Depay, and Cody Gakpo. They certainly have more star talent than the USMNT, but I think the U.S. has been technically sound playing team ball. Netherlands are heavy favorites, but I do not think their form has suggested they are unbeatable.

I am expecting a great game tomorrow, and hopefully the U.S. can come out on top and face Lionel Messi and Argentina in the quarterfinals.

Here is an updated bracket of the tournament (it is the only picture I could find, even though the bracket looks wonky): 

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 242 Comments