Other Sports Forum

Other Sports Forum

NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL, MLS, EPL, you name it. Talk about it here.

English Premier League Thread 2022-23

+10 HS
Cooper's picture
August 23, 2022 at 9:50am
118 Comments

I know Ohio State football is right around the corner so maybe this thread won't get so much attention initially, but I thought I should create it regardless after the crazy start to the season.

The United Leeds of America are off to an amazing start, led by the American trio of Jesse Marsch, Tyler Adams, and Brendan Aaronson. Arsenal have looked great, albeit their competition has not. Jesus seems to be a perfect fit for them. Liverpool and Manchester United are having horrific starts, but United was (thankfully) able to muster up a great game yesterday and looked to show a sliver of promise. I still would like to see United sign one or two more players after officially adding Casemiro this past weekend.

What are your top 6 predictions this season? I have City winning the league (and holy hell Haaland is an absolute tank) and then it gets tricky for me. I will put reluctantly put Tottenham 2nd, Liverpool 3rd, Arsenal 4th, Chelsea 5th, and Leeds 6th. Some dark horses for European competition are Newcastle (okay, maybe not that dark), Brentford, and weirdly enough Manchester United if they ever get their stuff together. 

As an aside, I loved Arlo White commentating the PL games but with him going to LIV golf, I think I love his replacement Peter Drury even more. The man is an absolute poet in the booth and really adds to the pageantry of the league. 

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 118 Comments