Other Sports Forum

Other Sports Forum

NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL, MLS, EPL, you name it. Talk about it here.

Opinion: The GOAT of GOATS

+14 HS
Hoody Wayes's picture
February 12, 2021 at 7:01pm
180 Comments

CBS sports has posted a coping mechanism for us in our long, national nightmare...the football off-season: "Ranking the all-time GOATs: Where Tom Brady lands among greatest players in all 4 major North American sports."

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/ranking-the-all-time-goats-where-tom-brady-lands-among-greatest-players-in-all-4-major-north-american-sports/

To me, the GOAT of GOATS in the pantheon of the “four major North American sports” should be considered across the following categories: 1.) Championships; 2.) Individual achievements (i.e. awards, distinctions and records); 3.) Performance statistics and 4.) Influence (on his sport and American culture). 

In my opinion, Babe Ruth is The GOAT of GOATS.

Babe Ruth is at the top of all of these categories, culminating in an influence which made a model the other three sports continue to follow and an ideal for career success, all other American athletes have and continue to pursue.

It may be that sports as we know it, would not exist, without Babe Ruth.

Who’s your GOAT of GOATS?

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 180 Comments