Other Sports Forum

Other Sports Forum

NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL, MLS, EPL, you name it. Talk about it here.

Worst (& Best) Sports City?

+8 HS
TNT's picture
July 12, 2020 at 9:51am
114 Comments

With the "MLS is Back" tournament in full swing and the return of MLB baseball just around the corner, let's talk sports!

I define a "sports town" as one that has at least three of the following: a NFL team, a MLB team, a NBA team, a NHL team, a MLS team, and a FBS team. Ohio has three such cities (Columbus - Crew, Blue Jackets, Buckeyes, Cleveland - Browns, Indians, Cavaliers, and Cincinnati - Bengals, Reds, FC Cincinnati), and it seems obvious to me (as a fan) that Cincinnati is the most snakebitten of the three. The Bengals haven't won so much as a playoff game since I was too young to remember (and they've never won a Super Bowl) and it has been a long time since the Reds have been competitive. FC Cincinnati is an expansion team, but has struggled mightily in their short history as well.

There is obviously a long list of other sports cities whose history I am less familiar with, so make your case for who has it worse than Cincinnati (or who has it best overall!) and why.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 114 Comments