Other Sports Forum

Other Sports Forum

NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL, MLS, EPL, you name it. Talk about it here.

Bengals Draft

+5 HS
BuckeyeBen7.7's picture
April 29, 2017 at 12:38pm
67 Comments

1st round: John Ross

2nd round: Joe Mixon

3rd round: Jordan Willis

So far, I am disappointed in the Bengals. We had severe trouble protecting Dalton last year, and we had virtually no run game. The need to draft quality OL was real. In my opinion, it was by far our biggest need. Don't get me wrong, John Ross is a good football player. I thought that #9 overall was a little high for him, but he has the potential to develop into a key player. Joe Mixon is a top running back, someone who could easily carry a heavy workload. Yet, we all know the baggage he has with him. Hopefully, for his and the Bengal's sake, he stays clean. Jordan Willis should add some needed depth to the LB core, and maybe a future starter.

They are good players, yet they do not help our greatest area of need. Ross and Mixon's contributions will be minimal if our OL preforms as it did last year. And the worst part of it is, after preforming so poorly last year, we let our two best just walk away in free agency (Zeitler and Whitworth). So if anything, our line will be worse than last year and we had let a vast majority of the day 1 offensive line starters get drafted.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 67 Comments