Other Sports Forum

Other Sports Forum

NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL, MLS, EPL, you name it. Talk about it here.

Should Cavs sign Larry Sanders?

0 HS
stubbzzz's picture
September 14, 2016 at 5:52pm
55 Comments

I know we're all deep in football mode right now, but I still find myself fretting over the Cavs roster, ever since Golden State added KD to a team that was already one of the best in history.  Even last year I thought the Cavs needed a tall, quick, defensive ace.  

I think the two most ideal fits would be either Nerlens Noel, or Larry Sanders.  I've wanted both on the Cavs for years and now there are lots of Internet gossipy rumors about Cleveland's interest in both.  

Noel we would have to trade for.  Probably Shumpert or McCrae.  (Should have just drafted him when we had the chance, instead of passing on him for Anthony Bennett.)

But Sanders has said he is willing to play for the veterans minimum, and we wouldn't have to give anything up to get him.  The potential risk, however is a possible bad attitude and would he hurt the team's chemistry?  He's still young, hasn't played in two years, but the last season he played, he led the league in blocks and was flat out dominant at times.  Is he worth the chemistry risk?  

If so, here's how I see the Cavs defense being able to keep all of Golden States fire power in check.  

Kyrie, JR, Shump vs  Steph and Klay

Love vs Iguadala ???

Lebron vs Green

Sanders or Noel vs KD 

not sure what would really happen with Love guarding Iggy but I already know he can't really handle Green very well.  But I think that line up could beat the Warriors. And our Bench wouldn't miss a beat. 

what do you guys think? Any opinions on Noel or Sanders?  Or do you think Tristan can handle 7 foot KD just fine on his own?  

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 55 Comments