Other Sports Forum

Other Sports Forum

NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL, MLS, EPL, you name it. Talk about it here.

Cavaliers Defensive Match Ups Versus The Warriors?

+1 HS
awlinBrutus's picture
May 13, 2016 at 9:38am
96 Comments

I'm pretty sure the cavs will advance to the finals and the warriors I think will get by the thunder. Not an expert on basketball strategy at all. looking @ the warriors starting 5 who does Lebron man up with? Bogut, Green? Thompson is a pretty good perimeter defender but do you put him on green and take him and his rebounding out of the paint? does Irving man up on Thompson? I guess the best thing to do is have Love on Bogut to start the game (as the warriors will most certainly go small like last year for most of the game) and whoever they have @ the 5.

Thompson vs Green, Love vs Bogut/Varajeo, Lebron vs Barnes, Irving vs Curry, Smith vs Thompson. I have no idea about the warriors rotation once their 5 comes out and they go small. kerr going small really turned the series around last year for the warriors and I believe the line up was igoudala, green, Thompson, barnes and curry that gave the cavs the most problems. I think I'd rather have Irving on curry rather then Thompson

Shumpert, Delly, Smith and Irving I think all rotate on curry. you can't stop curry just slow him down. will we see hackacurry down the stretch? much rather see him restricted to 2 points on possessions rather then bombing away from the 3 down the stretch. I think the cavs deep bench (Frye, Shumpert, Delly, Jefferson, and possibly Mozgov, and Jones and Williams for hackacurry)will make that series virtually even if the cavs and warriors advance of course. Maybe AZN can elaborate on the warriors rotation?

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 96 Comments