Other Sports Forum

Other Sports Forum

NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL, MLS, EPL, you name it. Talk about it here.

The Fall of Johnny Football - MMQB Article

0 HS
NavyBuckeye91's picture
March 17, 2016 at 9:51am
48 Comments

Great article on Monday Morning QB that looks deeper into Johnny Manziel's issues. 

http://mmqb.si.com/mmqb/2016/03/15/johnny-manziel-nfl-cleveland-browns

A lot of people close to Manziel don't believe he's hit 'rock bottom' yet, and that he's not going to change until that happens.

As one of his former coaches says: “When he had LeBron James as a mentor, texting him all the time, hanging out at his house watching football, and Johnny didn’t listen to his advice? That’s when I knew he had a problem.”

According to the Dallas Morning News, Manziel’s father, Paul, tried getting his son to enter a rehab facility in January, shortly after Johnny’s 23rd birthday. When his son refused, Paul Manziel told the paper: “I truly believe if they can’t get him help, he won’t live to see his 24th birthday.”

“If Johnny doesn’t have a carrot dangling in front of him, he resorts to his default,” says a friend. “And his default is not giving a s---.”

It's worth a read when you have time. 'The Book of Johnny' is probably not over, but my sense is the next newsworthy event we read will not be a team picking him up off waivers.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 48 Comments