Other Sports Forum

Other Sports Forum

NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL, MLS, EPL, you name it. Talk about it here.

36 Hours at the NFL Combine

0 HS
BGSUBucksFan's picture
March 2, 2016 at 10:57am
20 Comments

http://thebiglead.com/2016/03/01/36-hours-at-the-nfl-combine-from-carson...

This is a great read.

Interesting Wentz stuff:

2nd overall? You have to go all the way back to 1995 to find a I-AA QB who went that high – Steve McNair.  Playing for Alcorn State in the early 1990s, McNair had one of the greatest seasons a QB has ever had in college football history.

Carson Wentz’s biggest win in college was against a dreadful Iowa State team that went 2-10 in 2014. In that one, he lost a fumble in the 1st quarter on a snap but rallied to have solid game – 18-of-28 for 204 yards, no TDs, no interceptions. 

In three of his seven games in 2015, Wentz didn’t complete 60% of his passes. Against I-AA defenses.

Cardale Jones.  Cardale Jones.  Cardale Jones.

If you’re looking for a QB sleeper: The same NFL team who in 2014 told me to keep an eye on Jimmy Garoppolo going earlier than many expect, says that Cardale Jones is this year’s candidate to be drafted much higher than everyone thinks.

“Everybody’s talking about how Christian Hackenberg missed Bill O’Brien, but what about Cardale Jones and Tom Herman?”

There’s one AFC team that left the Combine besotted with Cardale Jones.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 20 Comments