Other Sports Forum

Other Sports Forum

NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL, MLS, EPL, you name it. Talk about it here.

Who do you want your NFL team to draft?

0 HS
sox33osu's picture
February 10, 2015 at 2:48pm
82 Comments

As a Browns fan, I'm already excited to see the annual parade of failure that has become the Browns' draft. That said, I'd still welcome a coherent draft for the Browns, and I have some ideas*

*Note: Still waiting to hear if the Browns lose picks from Textgate.

1a. Kevin White, WR WVU: Considering the Browns have no other WRs eligible for the team this year over 5'10", 180 it seems, we desperately need size and skill. White looks like a stud, and assuming Amari Cooper is gone by this pick, I think you grab White.

1b. Eddie Goldman, DT Florida State: Our run defense was pathetic to say the least, and both Rubin and Taylor look like duds on the interior DL. We need serious help and Goldman may be just right for that spot. Malcolm Brown from Texas also looks fantastic.

2. Nate Orchard, DE/OLB Utah: The Barkevious Mingo era is likely coming to and end. He's been very underwhelming and was from the other regime. Orchard is bigger and has a better skillset. He'd be a perfect running mate with Kruger, as it's also no guarantee Sheard is back.

3. Devin Funchess, WR/TE ttun: Did I mention the height thing? At 6'4", 235, we have all seen Funchess' RZ prowess. The Browns entirely lack that with their current roster, especially considering Jordan Cameron is all but gone. Also, as much as I hate to admit this, Funchess is also an extremely respectable young man, and the Browns could use that. He may be gone by this slot; I've seen him being picked anywhere from the 1st to the 4th.

4a. Tyrus Thompson, OT Oklahoma: Jesus, do we need a new RT. Thompson is a big ugly who was part of Oklahoma's solid running game in 2014 (one of their few bright spots). This will allow Mitchell Schwartz to move inside to guard, or just leave. Either way, he needs replaced.

4b. Jeff Heuerman, TE Ohio State: I'm hoping he lasts this long. Again, Cameron is basically gone and the other TE options really aren't good, well, options. Heuerman has immense breakout potential, and this late his receiving abilities make him a very high reward/low risk pick.

5. Za'Darius Smith, DE Kentucky: Given the Browns penchant for switching coaches and schemes, it'd be good to have a solid player who can play in a 3-4 or 4-3. Smith is a monster, and at 6'5", 275, he could add some more bulk to play 5-tech, as he has motor to spare. He'd be excellent depth and could very well start, and soon.

6a. Jordan Richards, S Stanford: The Browns are set at safety for now, but Whitner is far from a young pup. Richards, a productive college player, is in a similar mold, an excellent tackler, and is apparently also a very high-character type of person. Always a plus.

6b. Andy Gallik, C Boston College: Last year showed how desperate we are for depth behind Alex Mack. Nobody on the roster is a viable plug-in. Gallik is a polished player who started for nearly 4 years. He's a bit overly aggressive, but maybe that's what we could use on our line. Can also be guard depth.

7. Brandon Bridge, QB South Alabama: Bridge is big (6'5", 235), and has impressive physical traits. You've got to love the idea of getting a young QB in Cleveland that doesn't look like a jockey, and in the 7th round you can definitely afford to gamble on a kid who is going to be at the combine and has a chance to show off.

Post your favorite choices for your team.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 82 Comments