Other Sports Forum

Other Sports Forum

NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL, MLS, EPL, you name it. Talk about it here.

An Open Letter to Ryan Johansen

0 HS
MordenoftheSith's picture
September 18, 2014 at 8:30am
49 Comments

Dear Ryan,

Many Jackets fans believe you are being used by an "agent" who knows you are only 22 years old and are not quite savvy enough to understand he works for you.  I feel it is important for you to understand in 95% of all cases, nearly all fans are on the player's side during contract disputes.  Unfortunately, that is not the case here, but I don't blame you, I blame your agent, who is supposed to look out for you and your best interest, while reaping up to a 10% reward for doing such.

Everybody in the world, except for your agent, seems to understand you have 1 decent, not great, season in 3 years as a pro.  What type of deal would any team give a young player coming out of his Entry Level Contract with only 1 decent year?

The recent publication of the contract offers the Jackets have on the table to you is furthering the idea that your agent is doing you a disservice.  What 22 year old seriously turns down $46MM over 8 years or even $32MM over 6 years?!  Clearly, you are being scammed, right?  RIGHT!?

With that said, if it comes out that you are, in fact, pulling the strings on these deal rejections.  If it turns out that you were in control the entire time... remember when Nash, you know the face of our franchise for almost a decade, shoved Bob?  Remember how we cheered his arrival back into NWA, until that moment?  Remember the sharp turn the fans made toward Nash at that instant?  I hope so, because even in a Jackets sweater, that will be you.  It will be ugly and I will not feel bad for you if you can't handle the weight of the fans and whatever contract you sign.

For once, I am on the management side of a contract dispute. 

You could have ended this weeks ago... 

Sincerely,

The 5th Line.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 49 Comments