Other Sports Forum

Other Sports Forum

NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL, MLS, EPL, you name it. Talk about it here.

Jimmy Graham Dunking the Football...Your Thoughts?

0 HS
BuckeyePoetLaureate's picture
August 16, 2014 at 6:21pm
19 Comments

Well, Jimmy Graham has been up to his old tricks.  The gentleman enjoys dunking the ball on the goal post after scoring touchdowns.  He did so last year during a playoff game and broke the goal post:

Greg Doyel of CBS Sports took the time to write an editorial in which he says the following:

That's where the story would have ended, if Jimmy Graham were an adult. But he's not. He's another a-word, and no, not that one. He's an anarchist, thumbing his nose at the NFL for its rule, breaking it on purpose to send a message -- this is what I think of your rule -- and then doing it a second time to second message:

This is what I think of me. I'm Jimmy. And I think it's all about Jimmy.

http://www.cbssports.com/general/writer/gregg-doyel/24663374/saints-te-jimmy-graham-dunked-twice-because-hes-a-petulant-child

Perhaps it's just me, but I have trouble getting mad when a player celebrates a happy occasion, particularly in a big game.  I know that the dunks result in a "don't have fun" penalty...but that's the NFL's fault.

I guess I'd rather see players who are fired up and who are excited when they succeed as opposed to players who don't particularly care about the outcome of the game.

It's also important to point out that the NFL has some far more serious problem players at the moment. 

Am I off-base?  Should I care when a player dunks the football?  I seem to recall instances in the past in which our Buckeyes were penalized for, you know, being happy when they scored and letting others know they were happy.

http://www.morningjournal.com/general-news/20101128/osu-notes-nike-glove-fun-ruined-by-referees-on-celebrations

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 19 Comments