This little series followed the rankings of Ohio State's 2021 commitment class. J.T. Tuimoloau signed with Ohio State and the 2021 class moved up in the school's all-time rankings.
|RANK||PLAYER||FINAL||JAN||DEC||SEP||AUG||JUL||JUNE||MAY||APR||MAR||FEB||1M +/-||OVR +/-|
|12||MARVIN HARRISON JR.||9584||9587||9593||9509||9612||9611||9731||9743||9743||9743||9774||-3||-190|
*Jesse Mirco is not included in the team average.
Jack SawyerJTT finished as the highest rated player in Ohio State's 2021 class.
Zen Michalski's 558 overall point increase was the largest of any player in this Buckeye class.
13 Ohio State players had their overall rating increase since we started charting their ratings.
Eight Buckeyes had their rating drop over the last year.
Marvin Harrison Jr. lost the most points (-190) of any Buckeye since February of 2020.
The only Ohio State commit to not have his rating decrease over the last year was Sam Hart.
Four Buckeyes had triple-digit overall rating increases: Zen Michalski (+558), Jantzen Dunn (+304), Donovan Jackson (+118) and Mike Hall (+115).
Sizing up the Big Ten. The top commits for Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Michigan State, Minnesota, Northwestern, Purdue and Rutgers were lower than Ohio State's average player (.9539). That's 8 out of the 13 other teams in the conference.
- How big is the gulf between Ohio State and the rest of the Big Ten? The Buckeyes had 13 players above its team average of .9539. The 13 other team in the B1G combined for ten players above Ohio State's average player. Those teams were: Michigan (5), Maryland (2), Nebraska (1), Penn State (1) Wisconsin (1).
Ryan Day had six 5★ recruits in the 2021 class. This is the most 5★ players ever in a single Ohio State recruiting class. The previous high was five 5★ recruits in 2017.
It's a Fact
The Big Ten had nine 5★ players in 2021. Ohio State had six of the nine blue-chip players. That's right, 67% of the conference's 5★ players are Buckeyes.
1. Devonta Smith decommitted on 6/25/2020, he signed with Alabama.
2. Tunmise Adeleye decommitted on 8/11/2020, he signed with Texas A&M.
Ohio State's Top Classes Since 2000
|RANK||CLASS||POINTS||5★||4★||3★||AVG||B1G RANK||NAT. RANK||COMMITS|
Four Final Facts
- The Buckeyes have never had the No. 1 recruiting class in the nation.
- 95.39 is the highest player average for a Buckeye class that included at least 11 commits. This belongs to the 2021 class.
- Since 2000, Ohio State has had the Big Ten's best class 14 times.
- The 2019 Buckeye recruiting class is the only group not be ranked No. 1 in the B1G since 2011. That translates to Ohio State having the best class in the conference10 out of the last 11 years.