Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State Recruiting Forum

OSU football and basketball recruiting fan talk.

Which Recruits Did You Have High Hopes for That Didn’t Pan Out?

+12 HS
jestertcf's picture
October 15, 2020 at 8:26am
257 Comments

Ohio State has been a Mecca for talented football players from Tressel to UM and Day is carrying the torch with talented recruits committing annually. That being said there have been misses for whatever reason that the stars associated with the player didn’t translate to the field. Here are some names that come to mind when I think about this. 

Curtis Grant. 5 star but never really cemented the hype that the number one linebacker in America should be. In his defense, true freshman Raekwon McMillan was a beast and was too good to leave off the field. 
Mike Mitchell. 5 star with the best nickname of all time “Abusement Park” and training circuit monster who set records at the opening. He didn’t play his freshman year and transferred. 
Eric Glover-Williams. 5 star, who UM told during recruiting would be the face of the class

Mike D’Andrea 5 star and from Avon Lake, who sentimentally I wanted to succeed because we played them in my high school conference. His career never got started due to multiple injuries.Side note, in D’Andreas class two 3 stars also committed, AJ Hawk and Nick Mangold. 

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 257 Comments