Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State Recruiting Forum

OSU football and basketball recruiting fan talk.

Peyton Powell Crystal Ball

0 HS
Andrew Lind's picture
June 28, 2018 at 10:30am
46 Comments

After talking with sources close to both the prospect and the program, I have placed a 247Sports Crystal Ball prediction in favor of Ohio State for Odessa, Texas, Permian three-star athlete Peyton Powell.

The 6-foot-2, 182-pound Powell included the Buckeyes in his Top 10 last week and subsequently took an official visit for Friday Nights Lights, which was somewhat of a surprise given most programs are recruiting him as a quarterback or wide receiver. He made the trip with both of his parents and was absolutely blown away by the culture of the program, the city and the staff's plan for him on and off the field, which includes playing cornerback in Columbus.

Powell spent most of his time with head coach Urban Meyer, defensive coordinator Greg Schiano and cornerbacks coach Taver Johnson, who would obviously be his position coach in Columbus.

Those same sources indicated that Powell should have no issue making the transition thanks to his speed and overall athleticism (he finished second in the state high jump this spring). I'm very impressed with his film, and think he'd give the program a lot of versatility in the defensive backfield, all depending upon whether or not he stays lean or bulks up over the next few years.

Powell does not have an announcement date in mind, but I anticipate he'll make a decision in the coming days.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 46 Comments