Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State Recruiting Forum

OSU football and basketball recruiting fan talk.

Henry Gray Crystal Ball

0 HS
Andrew Lind's picture
June 4, 2018 at 12:17pm
15 Comments

I meant to do this a few weeks back, but I placed a 247Sports Crystal Ball prediction in favor of Ohio State on Monday afternoon for 2020 Miami Central four-star cornerback Henry Gray — despite his commitment to the hometown Hurricanes.

When Miami offered him in March, he held just a handful of offers from schools like Boston College, Kentucky, Louisville, Syracuse, Tulane and USF. The hometown draw was going to be hard to beat, and the Hurricanes knew they could pick up an early commitment from someone who is surely going to be among the country's best.

Auburn, Clemson, Florida, Florida State and Ohio State have all entered the picture since he pledged his services to Miami, and Gray was ecstatic to pick up his offer from the Buckeyes last month. Seeing how many players have gone on from Ohio State to the NFL at his position have the Buckeyes neck and neck with the Hurricanes — and he's never even been to campus. He plans to visit this summer or during the season, though.

“Man, it’s actually a dream come true,” Gray told Eleven Warriors. “Ohio State does great things with their defensive backs, and I have been following them for the past few years.”

It's not going to be easy, but I think the Buckeyes are going to get a few South Florida commitments (Jordan Battle, Derek Wingo) that will ultimately swing a close race in their favor.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 15 Comments