Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

This Program is in Regression, How Can It Be Fixed?

+3 HS
JacksonvilleBuckeyeGrad's picture
December 29, 2023 at 11:58pm
75 Comments

Let me start by saying I was pissed after the *ichigan game, and I still feel the same way. We had our backups in at some positions tonight, including our 3rd string true freshman qb. However, Ryan Day and this program are in a downward trajectory.

Since 2019, the team has regressed, especially in the trenches on both sides of the ball (especially OL). We keep padding our recruiting classes with elite receivers, but have not received the elite commitments on the lines the last few years, including this season.

The Bucks don’t have an elite staff across all the positions, and haven’t had a totally elite staff since Day’s been here…it’s always patchwork and hiring buddies. Some are terrible at recruiting, some at development, some at scheming, etc.. In my opinion, Fleming, Dennis, and Frye have no business being on staff. Day is an OC, not a program leader or hc at osu. 

Day hasn’t been able to field a consistent run game outside of 2019. Running is scheme, but also trenches and attitude.

The culture, attitude, and mentality of any time is a reflection of their head coach. Our head coach leads a “country club” relaxed, soft culture and can’t win games against similarly-talented teams. 

It’ll probably take the new AD, but we need a new coach before this program falls further from being elite. We are no longer Big or serious national championship contenders under Day. Every year, this program has numerous issues, and it reflects on leadership.

I love the buckeyes, and am ready for a new staff and change of direction in the program. 

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 75 Comments