Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

This Week's Question: What Are Your Expectations For Ohio State Against Missouri In The Cotton Bowl?

Josh Poloha's picture
December 4, 2023 at 8:00am
61 Comments

The Buckeyes had a disappointing end the regular season, there's no doubt about that. That said, Ohio State can gain some momentum heading into a very crucial offseason in Columbus by performing well against Missouri in the Cotton Bowl, one of two non-College Football Playoff bowls to feature two top-10 teams.

With that, I give you This Week's Question: What are your expectations for Ohio State against Mizzou in the Cotton Bowl?

For me:

• Win the game
  • With Kyle McCord entering the transfer portal, Devin Brown and/or Lincoln Kienholz will take advantage of the increased first-team reps in practice and much bigger role(s) in the game.
  • The younger players (or at least the players that will still be Buckeyes In 2024) perform well and gain some confidence heading into the offseason
  • Give different players opportunities to make a play or two, to prove what they can do on the field in a game situation, not just practice
  • Show some improvements given the month-long preparation
  • Win the game

I could go on and on, especially considering we truly don't know who will be in and out as far as opt-outs go for players potentially entering the 2024 NFL Draft, but the most important thing is that Ohio State beats Missouri, no matter who is or isn't playing for the Buckeyes, which is why I mentioned it twice.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 61 Comments