Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Should We Drop TCUN As a Protected Game?

-2 HS
Little Mikey's picture
November 16, 2023 at 2:15pm
67 Comments

The Ohio State University is the marquee program in the BT. Only Jim Hairball thinks TCUN is "America's Team." 

Because of the cheating and the significant probability that Harbaugh will be terminated, and wins vacated, and other punishment meted out, my question is:

Should TCUN be rewarded with a protected game, every season, against the marquee team in the league? That doesn't seem like punishment, it seems like a reward. "You cheated in a terrible manner, damaging the integrity of the league and the special nature of the Rivalry, and yet we need to play you every year." The BT has SIXTEEN OTHER TEAMS NOW. When it was the Big 2, little 8 we didn't have much of an option. We do now. 

If all of the punishment we are expecting happens, I think the Buckeyes should go to the BT and say "we want TCUN un-protected from our scheduling - let them fend for themselves on Peacock while we play on national broadcasts." I am aware they will still get every cent of their share of the revenue as long as they are in the league, but you get a lot less buzz if the game is on Peacock at noon than if it is a national game at 7:30. 

What say you eleven warriors?

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 67 Comments