Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Top 10 Players This Past Season

+4 HS
nafimafi's picture
March 5, 2023 at 1:24am
13 Comments

so throughout the season, after every win, I would make a forum topic of the top 10 performers of the game. Obviously the last time I was able to do that was the Maryland game.. but I thought I would go back and think of the season as a whole and give a shout out to who I thought were the 10 best performers. Let me know if you guys agree or disagree!

1. Marvin Harrison Jr: I think this will be consistent with most people. Marvin played out of his mind last year and truly made a name for himself nationally. He is now considered a generational type WR and I can truly say that he is the best of Hartline's elite group of WRs. He made difficult after difficult catches constantly and will be a perfect security blanket for Mccord or Brown. Not much else to say. Best player in the country in my opinion.

2. Tommy Eichenburg: Best LB play we've had at OSU since Raekwon imo, Tommy was just extremely solid every single game. He was extremely good against the run, solid is pass coverage, and just kept racking up the tackles. Made some massive stops and was definitely the best player on the defense, no question. Never have I seen a player improve so drastically in such a short period of time. He showed extremely high instincts and a surprising level of athleticism sideline to sideline.

3. CJ Stroud: High level pocket passer, and has been basically his entire career. Its a shame how so many fans treated this man, but he was absolutely amazing this entire year, and played better than any recent OSU QB in any single game, in the Peach Bowl. He is elite and we were spoiled rotten to have him this year.

4. Paris Johnson Jr: The o line as a whole played well this year, and it always starts with the tackles when it comes to pass pro, and Paris was dominant this entire season. Its easy to be dominant against no name pass rushers, but even against top tier guys that Michigan, Georgia, and Notre Dame had, Paris held his own and much more. The best OT we've had since Taylor decker.

5. Luke Wypler: An extremely underrated player and season by our fans imo. I cant remember a single bad snap and can barely remember any bad reps by him. Had a dominant game against Jalen Carter and was extremely consistent his entire career here. He didnt get the same recognition as guys like Billy Price or Josh Myers, but I think he is on the same level as those two.

6. Emeka Egbuka: Overshadowed by Marvin (and JSN's health) throughout the season, but probably had the quietest 1000 yard season in osu history. Was rock solid in basically every game, moving the chains, getting hard yards, and making some clutch catches.

7. Steele Chambers: Alongside Tommy, he ate this past season showing elite athleticism and speed against RBs, TEs, and even WRs. At times he would lose an assignment, but as a whole I thought he played very very well and he became a very consistent tackler.

8. Dawand Jones: Like I said, Tackles are the starting point of a good line, and Dawand had a very good year this year. I cant really remember too many poor reps, and I thought he was good in pass pro but elite in the run game.

9. Miyan Williams: Yes he was injured, as was basically the entire RB room at one point, but in his limited touches he dogged whatever defense he played against. He is such a good RB and at times he was untouchable.

10. Zach Harrison: I think people overlook how rock solid Zach was last season. He didnt have the dominant game of JT or the dominant season of the Bosas, but Zach, in almost every game, was getting in the backfield, creating pressure, filling up gaps, and tackling RBs... oh and swatting balls down basically every game. Sacks are important, but he was better than what sack numbers indicate. 

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 13 Comments