Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Ohio State QB Situation

+6 HS
GoBuckswin's picture
January 22, 2023 at 8:56am
173 Comments

I think Kyle McCord is going to be great as the starting QB this fall. Remember, during the recruitment process, Ryan Day could have chosen JJ McCarthy, who wanted to come to OSU, but he took McCord instead. There is a reason for that. McCord is a much better passer than McCarthy. I also think that McCord will be a phenomenal leader once he is QB1. 

Assuming McCord is the clear-cut choice as QB 1, based on his arm strength, but Devin Brown displays in spring and fall practice some great running skills as QB, would it make sense for Day and Brian Hartline to install some packages, maybe for when OSU is inside the red zone, where Brown could come in for McCord or in addition to McCord? (Similar to what TTUN did in McCarthy's freshman year).

I know the old adage, that when you have two QB's you really have known, but this would add another dimension to the OSU offense and also decrease the odds of Brown (or any player in his position) from transferring due to a complete lack of playing time. Thoughts? 

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 173 Comments