I don't see the Lions as a fit. Hopefully he stays as TTUN for years and continues to go 0 for forever against OSU!
Nutinpa--Ohio State looked a lot better their first 3 games prior to Maryland. I think Maryland was afraid to play OSU. They did not have that many players that would have had to sit out.
I guess noon is better than a later starting game time in terms of cold temps. Better for Fields to throw the ball.
Hopefully Illinois does not bag out of playing us like Maryland did.
Maryland not being in position to play today hurts Fields' chances...
If there is a way to screw it up, Kevin Warren and the BIG presidents will make sure they do just that.
This was all so avoidable. Start on Sept. 2 and build in time to make up games that need to be postponed. Starting Oct. 24 was just a terrible call.
The interesting thing is whether he would have gotten that contract extension early last spring if there was no COVID...that was the narrative...
Congrats, Mr. Henderson--that is truly an awesome academic achievement. I have no doubt that you will do great things at Ohio State on AND off the field. We are very much looking forward to you continuing your success in Columbus in the very near future!
Tressel till I die!!
Do we know if Fox will broadcast from the Shoe staring at 11 am like previous times?
This year screams for expanded playoffs w/ no OCC games and teams playing different amount of games...
Is there a limit on how many times Fox can have Ohio State as their noon game this year?
Is there a minimum number of times the Big Ten Network gets Ohio State? I know that usually it is a minimum of two games, but this year w/ few games, do they still get at least two Ohio State games?
Yeah, I figure 50% chance of a noon game, 40% chance of a later start and 10% chance that the game is not played due to COVID.
Looks like I will decline the invite. Can't take the chance of missing the game. One time I had a wedding in Dayton on a Sat. game day. The Buckeyes were playing at home and I stayed until late in the 4th quarter and with OSU up by about 45 points, I left the game w/ my girlfriend at the time and drove none stop straight to Dayton, changed in the church bathroom and made it w/ about a minute or two to spare! Not bad for a guy that lives in Massachusetts and does not know Ohio that well.
Dstacify--you make a lot of great points...I agree.
I did not like Fields in the game in the 4th.
I did not like OSU not taking a knee before the final score.
And I am a die-hard Buckeye fan.
We lost the '15 game w/ Sparty due to the heavy rain--the great equalizer. The rain did not stop until that punk kicker of theirs was about to kick the game winner.
'09 Yankees--Jeter, hall of famer of course. A-Rod? Depends on the steroid issue. Meanwhile, the Reds had had hall of famers behind the plate, at first, second and the all-time hit leader playing third.
Absolutely that play cost us a chance at the playoffs. We would have played for the BIG championship if Sparty had lost that day.
I was born in '68 and became a die hard Buckeye fan in the mid 80's. The 90's were soul crushing!
Son of 47alum--amazing that your one Fenway game was game 6 in '75! I have been to one regular season game at Great American Ballpark, but sadly never saw Riverfront Stadium.
Southbay--yes, many people think somehow the Sox won the '75 series on Fisk's homer--they forget about game 7!
Finally, did you all know the story behind the great video of Fisk's homer where he is waiving it fair? The story was the camera guy that was in the wall at Fenway was supposed to turn his camera to follow the ball after it was hit, but there was a huge rat in the area he was in and he was so scared of the rat he forgot to turn the camera and the camera stayed on Fisk for his dance down the sidelines. In those days they did not have all the cameras they have now.
The more the merrier. Plus, it will make the BIG presidents feel better about the fall football schedule.
I would not put ANYTHING past Kevin Warren and the BIG presidents. They are showing they are very hostile to football, which I absolutely do not understand. They have no credibility w/ me.
Coach Day certainly should be in position to keep Ohio State contending for national titles for the foreseeable future.