Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

The Reality - We’re Stuck for Another Year

-1 HS
LB U's picture
November 27, 2022 at 10:56am
107 Comments

Ryan Day’s story has officially been written. That’s not a loss you come back from unless Harbaugh bolts. Harbaugh completely owns Day. The result next year will be the same. This is turning out to be a Urban vs Harbaugh level mismatch. Actually it might be worse, Harbaugh just slapped around Day’s roster full of 5 starts with a QB he passed on and essentially a roster full of 3 stars. Thats actually just the tip of iceberg. Day’s recruiting presence is officially over. That game completely killed it. There’s no coming back from that. 

Despite that, I’m assuming we can all agree that Ryan Day is going to be the HC next season. Regardless of how that game went, he’s going to be the guy for another year.

To get the obvious points out of the way, We are currently stuck with someone for another year who does nothing particularly that well outside of recruiting. His recruiting will dip big time, it’s inevitable. I look at next season as a completely wasted year. We all know the book is out on him. He’s soft and leads a soft program. We’ll completely waste a year of recruiting under him and get embarrassed again next season because there’s no reason to think otherwise. 

The only thing that matters to me is the coaching search which I’m assuming is under way already. They’ll give Day his final chance, but I’m almost positive they’re looking for the best candidate already for if/when he loses again to Michigan. That’s it.. that’s really all we can do at this point. I’m not saying Gene smith is making phone calls yet, but I’d be surprised if he wasn’t making a list. 

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 107 Comments