Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Real Talk Concerning Ryan Day

+15 HS
Buckeyechuck5's picture
November 26, 2022 at 8:12pm
130 Comments

Good evening dubbers. I have had 4 hours to lick my wounds from witnessing the fight go right out of the buckeyes to the likes I have not seen since the 90’s.

I personally think back to Urban’s departure. The health reasons he cited for retirement and the real reason for his departure require another thread. What I am curious to know is what qualifications did they base the Ryan Day hire on? I remember thinking to myself that he was a good offensive mind, but what head coaching experience did he have? I remember wondering why we didn’t let Kevin Wilson be an interim head coach for a year and put some thought and patience into a regime change. My point is, Ryan Day is a fantastic human being, but seeing the deer in the head lights look on his face the hole second half and his team unraveling with silly penalties makes me realize that maybe he was not ready to be the CEO of a program like OSU without cutting his test has a head coach at a Mac school or something similar. Thoughts?

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 130 Comments