Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Where Did the Interceptions Go?

0 HS
RocknRollover's picture
September 12, 2022 at 2:12pm
65 Comments

Let me preface this post by saying I acknowledge that the immediate improvement in our defense has been very impressive and all hats go off to Knowles.  However, one thing that continues to irk me is the lack of interceptions from our defense, which has continued to be the case ever since Hafley left.  Now I understand why we had this issue based on our previous defensive coaching staff, but it appears that our backfield is still struggling in this area.  Granted, it is a small sample size to judge from Knowles' defense right now, but Marshall had two interceptions again Buchner this past Saturday and we have yet to force one in two games.  I also noticed from the game plan during ASU last week that our DBs were still giving receivers a 5-10 yard cushion at the line, which always drives me crazy and concerns me that the coaches are not confident that our players can handle a more aggressive approach.

Why do you think this is the case?  Could it be that Knowles is simply easing the players into the new scheme?  Or do you think it is a larger defensive issue that could come to haunt us later in the season?

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 65 Comments