Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

This is Shaping Up Perfectly (not Worried About MSU and ScUM in the Slightest)...

+7 HS
Earthoid.'s picture
October 31, 2021 at 8:20am
72 Comments

First of all, Ryan day said it, the defense won us that game and that's a very good sign for us because this is the kind of game 4 weeks ago that we lose.  Our defense is really coming on strong, I love the way they looked last night even with the frustrating soft zone stuff.  Bottom line, it's good enough to beat any team, I believe that. But let's talk bigger picture and narrative.

The media has jumped on the MSU train; Walker's got the heisman talk and suspect that the committee will reward MSU for being undefeated and having a top 10 win.  They will be ranked ahead of us when on Tuesday.  Furthermore, scUM is still being looked at as a legit top 10 team.  They won't be ranked ahead of us, but I'm quite certain, they'll be in the top 10.  All we need these two poor state football teams to do is keep winning until we play them, because we're going to destroy both of them in spectacular fashion.  Two dismantlings of potentially top 4-10 teams in our future, if they can avoid doing what they always do and drop a game in the next 2-3 weeks just before we play them (like penn state).

Anyone who thinks that either MSU or scUM is going to be a tough matchup because of what happened last night doesn't understand football and matchups.  First of all MSU in particular are god-awful on defense, especially in the secondary.  Our passing game will shred them.  Additionally, on offense, they are one-dimensional, and it's strength on strength.  Payton thorne is not good; he's certainly no Sean Clifford and one of their top receivers broke his hand in the scUM game.  They have one viable receiver who will get shut down easily.  That leaves us to key on Walker and they won't score more than 20 points.  We will roll through them, and hopefully it's a top 5 matchup, which will get us major resume points.  We have two weeks of solid opponents beforehand to get whatever the hell was wrong last night on offense fixed and I'm more than confident in Ryan Day.

When it comes to "The Game", more of the same.  scUM can throw it a bit, Mcnamara showed he isn't totally inept, but then again he had not thrown the ball like that all year except against MSU's secondary.  See what I'm getting at? It will be a tougher game than MSU just because there are more matchup issues with them, but they are still largely one dimensional.  If McNamara is forced to beat us with his arm, and jimmy hairball is coaching, I like our odds.  On defense, with scUM it's always the same story.  Day has their number and might just hang 100 on them this time.

Two potential top 5/6 wins in dominant fashion to close out the season and a B1G championship locks us into the playoffs.  And I'm supremely confident that by the time, that we get to face Georgia, our offense will have worked out all of the kinks and we can play with them.  I'm not 100% confident that we beat them (who would be?) but their offense is simply not that good.  They keep talking about getting Daniels back, I hope they do because it looks like their walk-on QB is actually better.  I think this is the best chance we've had to win a natty since 2015, and by far.  And I'm pretty dang sure that we will.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 72 Comments