Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Jersey #'s Who Would You Give #1 and #0 to for 2021

+3 HS
IfNotBucksSparty's picture
January 18, 2021 at 6:51pm
57 Comments

With Fields officially declaring and Cooper also heading to the draft, I wonder who should be next man up so to speak and who will end up taking the mantle of #1 and Block O.

I dont think anyone should take #1 this year. Call it a semi retirement of Fields' number, but I think it would be a nice symbolic gesture for the seniors returning that there is no "best player" on this years team like we had with Justin. We have players all over the field. We can also embrace the fact that we never get ranked #1 until the final poll. Give me that underdog ohio against the world status. Also, assuming another QB were to take #1 this year, wouldn't they be the presumptive starter? Who thinks Day gives us ANY indication on the starter before kickoff?

As for block O, I would think Zach Harrison would've been the perfect candidate if you asked me before the 2020 season started. Im not sure what other Ohio players the coaches will be looking at and what position groups are eligible for #0. Maybe Miyan flashes in the offseason and wants it? I see the bowling ball wanting to be the 8 ball with Sermon leaving though.

Update: Is Block O specifically for an Ohio player? Kind of got the vibe it at least unofficially is. Anyone else remember? If not I absolutely agree with you below it should go to Garrett.

Assuming Sevyn returns, anyone else wanting to take #7 i assume would be laughed out of the WHAC?

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 57 Comments