Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Overreactions Galore

+11 HS
Brah Zhole's picture
January 12, 2021 at 5:03pm
124 Comments

I really don't like creating posts just to give my "take", but I really can't deal with the overreactions to last night's game.  So I'll address:

1) It wasn't our night.  If we play them in two weeks, no Covid, all healthy, totally different game. Do we win?  I don't know.  But they were beatable.  We lost our on fire running back, and his backup to Covid. Therefore we couldn't wear them down they way they did us.  We couldn't control any clock.  And it showed.  We lost our best OL, right where their best defender lines up.  We didn't have our best defender, over their worst lineman, which was exactly what we needed to move their QB from a position of comfort.  

In other words, it was bad timing, and it wasn't our night.

2) Stop with the talent gap.  It's not like an annual thing.  Last year's team should have won it all, but we whiffed.  This year was somewhat of a reload at key spots, and yet we played in the title game.  We've got as many superstars as they do, and in fact, our Wide Receiver will be better than their's on the next level.  Their star, who is awesome, got hit by a breeze and knocked out of the game.  

We have superstars all over.  There's no "gap." 

3)  They outschemed, and Wade didn't help.  Lining up Borland with anyone, ever, is a disadvantage for us.  They did it a lot.  But again, we were exhausted by the middle of the third quarter, and since their offense was always on the field, they had rhythm, and we didn't.

People need to stop pretending the sky is falling, etc.  This was a weird year, and unfortunately, 3 of our most key players were missing at the wrong time.  It mattered.

Was Alabama the better team?  Hell's yeah.  But if you told me we played them with last year's team, or at full health this year, I'm quite confident we can win that game.

Just wasn't our night.  

Now hopefully I never have to see Tuf Borland play football again.  

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 124 Comments