Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

So, Million Dollar Question Regarding the Aftermath of Tomorrow and This 'free' Year of Eligibility?

-2 HS
Moo Strength's picture
January 11, 2021 at 12:25am
22 Comments

Let's say Ohio State wins it tomorrow, I wholeheartedly do; but by some miracle, some odd bounce, Satan pulls another miracle out of the hat....

The NCAA already stated that this years season doesn't count in terms eligibility. I doubt Fields would still come back regardless of a win or loss, but suppose he's on the fence? Suppose he wants that Heisman bust, and the CFP trophy? Suppose he wants to hone his game with one more year under Day's tutelage and be the defacto #1 draft pick all year long?

Theoretically, Ohio State's entire team could come back. If that does, and I'm just pipe-dreaming here, what would happen to Ohio State's maximum scholarship limit?

Yes I know the probably of this is lower than the probability of Ohio State hiring Jim Harbaugh as a graduate assistant, but my curiosity has gotten the best of me. Justin Hilliard could be the worlds first 7th Year Senior in College Football. I figure McCall comes back, as does Jaylin Harris. Probably Marcus Williamson too. Can you imagine having Munford, Myers, and Petit-Friere back together again?

Gotta figure Blake comes back, as does Haskell. One more year and Haskell could be on the level of 2nd or even first round. What about Browning?  Werner and Tuff? Wade? Coop? Antwuan? Drue?

I realize this all pipe dream homerism, I'm asking them to forgo millions for potentially one full year of them ass whipping in 2021, or one injury that makes them suffer the Jack Butt disaster. But we can dream, right? :D

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 22 Comments