Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

This Week’s Question: Which Michigan Man Do You Dislike the Most?

Chris Lauderback's picture
December 7, 2020 at 8:00am
97 Comments

Sure, it's probably, at best, a 50/50 shot this year's edition of The Game gets played but that's no reason to miss a chance at throwing shade to our rivals from the north. 

We'll keep it simple - which Michigan Man do you hate the most and why? 

For me, the answer is Charles Woodson. 

The easy reason is because he was an Ohioan that could've accomplished all the same things he did at Michigan playing for Ohio State. 

Another factor is his punt return in the 1997 version of The Game. No. 1 ranked Michigan entered as a modest 3-point favorite in the Big House and Woodson's 77-yard touchdown gave the Wolverines a 13-0 lead over No. 4 Ohio State just before halftime. 

In the second half, he picked off a Stanley Jackson toss in the end zone before Michigan eventually won 20-14, leading to a Rose Bowl win and share of the national title.  

If not for Woodson, we would be reminding Michigan Men their program hasn't won a national championship since 1948. I can't even imagine how glorious that would be. 

Finally, I think he's generally a pretty good dude (DUI ain't good plus a public intox but also noted donations to children's pediatric reseach, breast cancer and hurricane relieft according to the all-knowing wiki) and that stinks because I prefer Michigan Men to be indisputable choads. 

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 97 Comments