Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Kirk Herbstreit Playing 4D Chess with Ttun?

+33 HS
JOhio1560's picture
December 3, 2020 at 12:08pm
75 Comments

The more and more I've been thinking about Herby's comments about ttun ducking Ohio State and quick apology, the more I'm thinking he might just be a genius.  I think he realizes that ttun does have the power to duck out of playing Ohio State but I don't think he actually believed they would do that.  Herby did the only thing that will actually force ttun to really try hard to make the game happen.  He called them out.  His apology afterwards was all fine and dandy.  It covered his butt to some extent, but his message had already been delivered  If you are in the media and you make something an issue, it turns into an issue  Because of his comments, ttun has a target on their back.  If they cancel the Ohio State game, people will subconsciously remember what Herby said and the public opinion of ttun will get even lower.  Look at what their AD said yesterday.  That conversation would never have happened if it wasn't for Herby.  Those comments about how ttun would never duck Ohio State would not have happened.  Now ttun has to back that up or look bad.  They would rather lose by 70 than be labeled as cowards.  

My guess is that now, ttun will try as hard as possible to get a team together for The Game.  They'll probably be missing starters.  They might be low on certain positions and they might have to rely on freshman.  But as long as they aren't above 7.5% and 5%, I believe they'll make it happen.  But they may have ducked if Herby hadn't called them out.  Herby might have just saved The Game 2020 and I think he very strategically planned it.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 75 Comments