Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Justin Fields Draft Stock

+5 HS
Exile's picture
December 1, 2020 at 11:41am
150 Comments

In general, I think The Athletic has great sports reporting and mostly non-stupid opinions. So I was absolutely floored by a recent mock draft article. 

1. Jets: Trevor Lawrence, QB, Clemson
2. Jags: Zach Wilson, QB, BYU
3. Bengals: Penei Sewell, OT, Oregon
4. Cowboys: Caleb Farley, CB Va Tech
5. Chargers: Patrick Surtain, CB, Bama
6. Panthers: Justin Fields, QB, tOSU

I know we're a bunch of homers around here, but I tend to think the question is whether Lawrence or Fields is the #1 QB, not whether Fields is 2nd, 3rd, or 4th (incidentally, the 4th QB in this mock is Trey Lance, NDSU at 8 to Washington, 5th is Mac Jones to the Saints @ 31. Kyle Trask, despite the Heisman hype, is not in the 1st round). 

Seems like Justin's getting dinged sharply for throwing three picks against IU, plus maybe the small sample size? Or is it a subtle downgrading of our QB development because of Dwayne's struggles in Washington? 

I'm trying to look at this objectively instead of through scarlet and gray glasses, but when you look at his work over the past two seasons, I don't know how he's any worse than the 2nd QB off the board. How do you all rank the top QBs in this year's draft? Thoughts? Am I crazy, or is this mock draft crazy? 

Yeah, those aren't mutually exclusive, but whatever. 

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 150 Comments