Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

What Are You Going to Be Looking for vs. Nebraska

+6 HS
JTFor President2016's picture
October 21, 2020 at 2:30pm
50 Comments

This game should be a blowout, but strange things can happen especially early in a weird season. But other than a Buckeye W, what are you all hoping to see from the Bucks on Saturday. Nebraska is far from a big test, but nonetheless, this game should give us some insight, in what has been a pretty quite camp. My thoughts:

1. Can we create pressure without Chase Young? The talent is undeniably there for Larry Johnson's unit. And I have no doubts regarding stopping the run game. However, last year we didn't see another player opposite of Chase Young assert himself as "the other guy", and a committee approach was used. I want to see pressure created in bunches Saturday, and to see someone start making his case to be a future Top-10 pick. In addition, I expect our DB unit to take a few weeks to come together. Generating a pass rush will make life much easier on 3 new starters on the back end. 
  2. Is Sevyn Banks the next in line? Seems like every year since Urban was brought in, a DB has always made a big leap when needed. Lattimore, Ward, Okudah, and Arnette were all guys that had question marks surrounding them when they were thrust into the starter role, and all ended up being 1st round selections. 
  3. Will Zone-6 still exist? Hartline has made it clear he plans to continue using the same 6 man rotation we have seen over the past several seasons. However, this group is far less experienced. Spring Game All-American Jaylon Harris and Jameson Williams haven't played many meaningful reps, and behind them is 4, albeit extremely talented, true Freshmen (Assuming Babb is going to be out awhile). How many reps do the young guys get this weekend, and looking forward, do they do enough to earn the trust of the coaches to  rotate them with Olave and Wilson next weekend in Happy Valley?
  4. Who gets the first reps at Back-up QB.  This is assuming the game is out of hand at some point. Did the 2 True Freshmen do enough to earn the reps over the more experienced Hoak? 

Can't Wait! go Bucks!

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 50 Comments