Betonline has their early spread for the opening week of B1G Football
- Illinois @ Wisconsin(-23.5) -This may seem like a line thats too big but this is a revenge game for Wisconsin and when they play teams that cant stop their run, Wisconsin puts up 50. A lot of people will be Illinois because of the unknowns at Wisconsin's QB/RB but dont be fooled, this is a very good Wisconsin team. I like Wisconsin a lot against the spread.
- Nebraska @ OSU(-21.5)-SP+ has OSU as a 22 point favorite with Nebraska being ranked 30th so this line is pretty sharp. Normal circumstances this would seem like an easy bet for OSU but with it being week 1, PSU coming up, and OSU wanting to get its depth some playing time they may not being going balls to the wall. OSU will dominate the 2nd and 3rd quarter but outside of that its pretty hard to know what will happen. With a line this sharp I would stay away.
- Rutgers @ MSU(-11.5) - A pretty interesting game with the mass number of Rutgers players who have transferred in and the Schiano era starting. MSU is also on a bit of a downward slope that Mel Tucker is trying to reverse. On one hand I think this is a line trying to fool the public into betting on a known brand in MSU with a small line to cover over "terrible" Rutgers. However its hard to really know what Rutgers is really going to be. I lean Rutgers but not sure if Ill pull the trigger.
- PSU @ Indiana(+7) - Pretty scary line here for PSU. SP+ has PSU as a 10 point favorite on the road and Vegas is leaning even more towards Indiana. This is a down year for PSU and a very very good Indiana team. Indiana has some absolute studs on offense, Michael Penix, Stevie Scott, Whop Philyor, Peyton Hendershot, and everybody on the OL is a senior/5th year except the LT who started as a true freshman. At home this is a scary team. Vegas also isnt giving PSU much respect. PSU is pretty weak at receiver so they will rely heavily on the talented run game. This is one of the two most interesting games of the slate. I want to go all in on Indiana but PSU has some super talented guys that Indiana may not be able to deal with.
- Iowa @ Purdue(+3)- Surprised to see the spread this close. Iowa had a tough offseason and Purdue will have Rondale Moore back. This comes down to if Iowa will be able to stop Rondale Moore and David Bell, two incredible receivers. Going to be a good game.
- Michigan @ Minnesota(-2) - Michigan is an underdog in week 1! Minnesota should have a really good offense with Tanner Morgan, Rashod bateman, and Ibrahim being a 3 headed monster behind a very good OL. Michigan is trash at WR/CB and has a new QB. IMO this is an easy win for Michigan. Michigan will be doing some new crazy stuff on offense with Milton and Charbonnet running zone reads behind a really good OL. I expect them to run all over this brand new front 7 Minnesota will be trotting out. Michigan should be really tough in the front 7 and Dax Hill may be enough to limit what happens in the secondary. I think the wrong team is favored. Michigan and Harbaugh have been getting hate all offseason. Give me the more talented team with the points. The way I see myself being wrong is Minnesota unleashing an air raid on Michigan that they cant stop. Rashod Bateman could end up with 200 yards receiving.
- Maryland @ Northwestern(-8) - This is in fact a football game that will be played. Northwestern is normally good at bouncing back from bad years while Maryland is kind of recruiting well I guess. Taulia Tagovialoa may have transferred to Maryland to be a backup which is kind of funny. Rakim Jarrett could be the next Stephon Diggs. Northwesterns defense is full of grown men, they arent projected to start a single underclassmen, 9 projected starters are seniors or 5th years which is just silly. Northwestern at home with this much experience seems like the right bet but who actually knowns enough about these teams to make a reasoned bet.
In Summary bets I love: Michigan +2, Wisconsin -23.5
Bets I like: Rutgers +11.5, Indiana +7
Bets I would stay away from: OSU because of the large number in a game they may get backups in quick, Iowa/Purdue because its going to be really close and little information is out on Iowa, Maryland/Northwestern because I dont know enough to bet on this
What are your thoughts/picks?