With all the excitement going on I was thinking about how great the 2017 class is. I'm not exactly a historian but would you consider the 2017 class the best ever if a title is won this year, their senior year. With these members and achievements do you think they would be the best class OSU has ever had?
- Thayer Munford-3 year starter and likely day 2 NFL pick
- Kendall Sheffield-JUCO transfer and became a 4th rounder
- Jeff Okudah-#3 overall selection in 2019 draft, arguably best corner in OSU history
- Pete Werner-2 year starter and likely NFL draft pick
- Baron Browning-TBD
- Chase Young-#2 overall pick in 2019, sack record, arguably best defensive player in OSU history
- Wyatt Davis-All American guard and likely first round pick
- JK Dobbins-second round pick in 2019, 2000 yard season and 3 year starter.
- Josh Myers-2 year starter, likely day 2 draft selection
- Shaun Wade-Likely first rounder
- Haskell Garrett-Contributer at DT and may start the next 2 years.
Achievements(Should they win it all this year)
- 4pete B1G champions-Nobody had ever won back to back B1G championships since the creation of the championship game format
- 4-0 vs Michigan
- 2017-Cotton Bowl victory over USC
- 2018-Rose Bowl Victory over Washington
- 2019 undefeated regular season
- 2020 playoff+championship win
- 4(Oklahoma, Iowa, Purdue, Clemson) losses at this point, if they go undefeated this year they will have 4 losses over 4 years.
- Undefeated in the B1G east
- Led OSU in 2019, the transition year from Meyer to Day