Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Look Here's the Gist of It with COVID and Football

-3 HS
westy81585's picture
September 9, 2020 at 9:42am
49 Comments

I saw the post about the kid who sadly passed.  Obviously terrible news - thoughts go out to him and his loved ones. 

Here's the thing - it has always been (and as long as COVID is a concern will be) the case that if you were to suddenly infect every college football player with COVID:  most would be unaffected, some low teens amount (ish) would feel mildly ill, some low single-digit % would be more seriously ill, and a handful (of the thousands) would end up dying.  I don't want to trivialize that, that is IMO an unacceptable situation- but it has ALWAYS been the case.  

The question was whether or not the protocols and precautions we put in place to prevent the spread of COVID among players (and more importantly the more at-risk populations they associate with) would work.  Would masks, isolation, etc, etc work to keep COVID spread to an acceptable minimum.  Either those protocols are going to work or they're not going to work.  

Frankly that's why it's so frustrating that the Big Ten is talking about playing in November or January or the Spring.  Bad-News Flash for you: COVID isn't going to be gone as a concern until probably next summer.  If you are concerned that your protocols aren't going to work in September or October - then I have no idea why you think they're going to work in November or January.  Either the protocols will work at all of those times, or they won't work at any of them.

So point blank - if you think they're going to work later... then why the hell aren't we playing now?  

Lets keep it civil for the mods, lol.  

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 49 Comments