Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Roll Tide if We Play, Boomer Sooner if Not

-1 HS
IfNotBucksSparty's picture
September 7, 2020 at 9:58am
33 Comments

Lets talk about who we should cheer for if we do/dont play. Let's say we start in October (I want to believe). I think us having a shortened schedule definitely gives us less room for error. We want as many teams to finish their conference undefeated, with ideally a blue blood not waiting there with one loss to the champ.

SEC. we cannot have Bama and Georgia split (regular season and sec champ game), hopefully we will not have an Sec west team with one loss. Alabama is by far the SEC'S best chance at an undefeated conference champion so we should probably all cheer for bama.

Big 12. They might talk at first about the Texas teams but its Oklahoma or bust, as OU is the conferences only realistic shot at the playoff. I think the committee is waiting for any opportunity to keep OU out, which helps OSU, given OU has proven it is routinely unable to compete. Any OU upset we should cheer for.

Acc. Get ready for this, we need to cheer for Clemson. As much as I would love to see ND beat Dabo, this likely lets both of them into the playoff.

Now, say our conference keeps us from competing on the national stage... the natty is going to have an asterisk, but its still going to help recruiting and its still going to hurt to watch another team get. Obviously we don't want the Clemsons and the Alabamas of the world to capitalize from this situation. At the end of the day ND might be good for a Clemson upset, but they are not beating Clemson and Alabama. Ideally somehow Alabama plays Clemson in the first round and the winner of the Natty is the most likely non SEC or clemson team: OK

Tldr: if we play then Roll Tide, if not, Boomer Sooner.

Also, random take but we should get used to cheering for bama on occasion, even if you have to shower after. Bama beats Auburn last year and they are in the CFP instead of OU, and we get the 1 seed because the committee (despite saying they wouldnt) doesn't want an LSU bama 1st round rematch, or to put two SEC darlings against each other. We would have played #4 bama and then LSU for the Natty.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 33 Comments