Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Urban Meyer Era Players That Are CFB HOF Bound?

+4 HS
RunEddieRun1983's picture
June 30, 2020 at 9:27am
56 Comments

Urban Meyer recruited at a level I don't think any of us thought was conceivable before he arrived.

That recruiting, along with elite coaching and player development lead to some of the most memorable seasons, plays, performances, a national championship, domination of the B1G Ten conference, and it brought Ohio State into that stratosphere that I think we all felt like it belonged in the first place.

So that said, who did Urban bring to Columbus that you would peg as a potential candidate to be a part of the college football hall of fame one day?

I think Chase Young and JK Dobbins are a lock. Record setting performances, both absolutely took over, not just games, but chunks of seasons.

JT Barrett... Numbers weren't explosively high for massive chunks of his career, his passing never reached the heights of some of the QBs that would come after him, but the guy was flat out a winner, multiple years as a captain, tough as nails, while I wouldn't say he's a lock I would say he's got an argument.

Pat Elflein... Multiple year starter, won the Remington, All-American, B10 OL of the year award winner... He's got to be in there.

Who else?

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 56 Comments