Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

"Go Time": Underclassmen Who Need to Step Up in 2020

+2 HS
RoyMunson's picture
June 17, 2020 at 9:22am
10 Comments

Today's poll question got me inspired to create this post on a subject I have been thinking about for a couple of months.

These players are entering their third season on campus, were top 50 players nationally (per 247 composite), and were members of the #2 rated recruiting class in 2018:

Nicholas Petit-Frere (#7 nationally)

Taron Vincent (#20 nationally)

Tyreke Johnson (#21 nationally)

Tyreke Smith (#34 nationally)

Jeremy Ruckert (#37 nationally)

Teradja Mitchell (#44 nationally)

This year is "go time" for each of these individuals, one could argue that you would like to see impact from this caliber of player in their second year.  I realize that "recruiting rankings" aren't everything and that each player has individual circumstances that contribute as to why they haven't become significant contributors through their 2nd year on campus.  Some have faced injuries, stacked depth charts, etc.

As top 50 players entering their third year, I am looking at each of these individuals to be "too good to keep off of the field", maybe even supplanting an established returning starter (i.e. Teradja beating out a returning linebacker).

Who agrees? Disagrees? Are there any others that you look at from a talent standpoint and say "This is their time to make an impact."?

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 10 Comments