Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Is It Time for OSU to Petition to Get Back Vacated Wins from 2010?

+18 HS
GoBuckswin's picture
June 14, 2020 at 8:13pm
58 Comments

Given that the NCAA is ok w/ Florida's governor signing a bill last Friday that will allow college athletics in the state to make money from endorsements starting next summer, is it time for Ohio State to petition the NCAA to consider reinstating their wins from the 2010 season?

Given everything that has happened since tattoo-gate, not only in college sports but also the world, perhaps now is the time to try and get the wins reinstated from Jim Tressel's last season. I believe the NCAA even reinstated some of Penn State's wins that were vacated as part of the Sandusky punishment. I believe there have been other instances where the NCAA reinstated a teams wins given some distance from the actual events that led to that sanction. 

While I can not wanting to re-live tattoo-gate again in the national media, it would be great to get those wins back, which not only included a blowout win over TTUN (last game I saw at the Show, as I live in Mass.), but also a bowl win over a SEC team. 

Bottom line, the punishment also included the loss of a hall of fame coach, a completely ruined 2011 season and a chance to play for a championship in 2012. It should not still include the hard-earned wins of 2010. 

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 58 Comments