Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Matt Miller/Bleacher Report 2021 NFL Big Board. Fields at #24

+1 HS
Spartan13's picture
May 5, 2020 at 2:54pm
48 Comments

Matt Miller is one of the better draft analysts out there and I encourage people to watch his draft show in the future it is 100x better than ESPN. He has taken flak in the past for being anti-OSU based on being a huge Texas/Tom Herman fan. He is normally lower on the non elite OSU players than the consensus. 

His 2021 board though may have one of the worst takes I have seen. Trevor Lawrence is #1 overall, Trey Lance is #4 overall, and Justin Fields is #24 overall. The reasoning for Fields being so law is he has major decision making, field vision, and arm strength concerns according to Miller. Trevor Lawrence threw 8 interceptions compared to Fields 3. Trey Lance averaged 17 throws per game for NDSU with a worse completion % and pass rating. I dont even know what to say about arm strength that is one of the sillier things I have seen about Fields. On top of it not being a concern we just saw Joe Burrow go #1 with arm strength questions becaus arm strength isnt actually something that matters in the NFL. Arm strength is something for Skip Bayless and Colin Cowherd to complain about but most scouts agree isnt something that matters in the NFL.  It is honestly a baffling analysis. One of the most annoying things about this is these things tend to latch on despite not being true, you will now hear a lot of people parrot the concerns that do not exist. 

Shaun Wade was the only other Buckeye coming in as CB #2 behind Patrick Surtain. Wyatt Davis didnt make the list while Trey Smith and Creed Humphrey did(silly.) Sage Surratt made it while Chris Olave was left off(Olave averaged 2 more ypc than Surratt despite playing with a noodle arm QB.) 

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2890048-matt-millers-way-too-early-2...

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 48 Comments