Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Top 5 Favorite Buckeye Teams

+1 HS
Gmac44135's picture
May 5, 2020 at 12:42pm
28 Comments

It doesn't have to be the 5 best teams, but the ones you enjoyed the most. I started watching regularly in 2005 so I'll start from that year to now.

1. 2019- I feel this team was the best that I've seen. It was well coached, could have possibly been the most talented team and we bulldozed the competition. Sucks that we lost to a Clemson team that we outplayed for about 50 minutes of the game. Not sure we would've beaten LSU with a injured Fields and Dobbins, but I felt that the Buckeyes defense was the only one capable of slowing Joe Burrow and company down. It could've been one of the best championship games ever.

2. 2013- The rushing attack of Carlos Hyde and Braxton Miller was so fun to watch. Braxton was one of the most electrifying college players of all time and probably my favorite Buckeye. It's amazing to me that he would make the wrong read on the option and still make big gains because of his elusiveness. Just imagine a Braxton Miller that ran the option as well as JT Barrett. He would've been truly unstoppable at the college level.

3. 2005- I felt this team was more talented than the one that went on to the championship game next year. A few tough losses, including against arguably the best college player of all time, were tough to swallow. The offense with Troy at QB, Ginn, Gonzalez and Holmes at receiver, and the underrated Antonio Pittman (because of all of the great running backs we had since that time) made a Jim Tressel offense fun to watch. Loved the beating of Notre Dame when it appeared we hit our full stride.

4. 2014- what's not to like about this team? Thought to be a year away from competing for a championship, losing Braxton before season started and then the Virginia Tech Loss sure seemed like our title chances were over. Then we all know the rest.

5. 2006- Troy Smith's Heisman season and the victory over Michigan that year was one of the best feelings. I didn't think any team stood a chance at beating us and then we lost 41-14 to Urban Meyer's Gators.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 28 Comments