Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

2020 Football SoS Ranked for All FBS Teams (OSU at #43)

+3 HS
MiamiBuckeye's picture
April 21, 2020 at 12:22pm
11 Comments

https://www.espn.com/college-football/insider/story/_/id/28955107/rankin...

So, operating under the assumption that there will be football in the fall, it looks like Ohio State has a pretty middling SoS. Honestly that's a good thing. I'm glad we're not playing a super tough schedule, but at the same time I'm also happy we're not like Oklahoma with their soft as melted butter schedule. 

Oklahoma and Clemson are two teams who should have no margin of error next season. Oklahoma is tied with Oklahoma State for the 108th schedule in the country (the Big 12 is trash) while Clemson sits all the way down at #118 of 130. Part of why Clemson's schedule is the lowest in the ACC is that they don't have to play themselves, similar to how Ohio State has a lower SoS than most of the Big Ten because we don't have to worry about playing Ohio State. Still, Clemson is playing a 1 game schedule with their November road trip to Notre Dame. If Clemson loses ANY games they should probably be out of the playoffs. I would say the same about Oklahoma, but honestly they could be 13-0 and I'd still feel iffy about putting them back in based on recent performance. 

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 11 Comments