Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

“These Are the Good Old Days”

+15 HS
Sonof'47alum's picture
April 24, 2019 at 10:32pm
28 Comments

Carly Simon once sang those famous lyrics and, I think from a fan’s perspective, those words are perhaps truer today than ever before.

Today, for example, I was able to watch on ESPN Classic the latter part of the 2018 Ohio State-Penn State game and, right after that, I saw the first half of the Rose Bowl.

There are all sorts of highlight reels and various complete games on YouTube and the Ohio State website that I check out from time to time.

I’m able to stream live broadcasts of 97.1 the Fan from Columbus.  And, of course, I can read multiple articles a day online right here on Eleven Warriors and communicate instantaneously with other fans.

And this is all happening during the offseason.

During the season, I am able to watch virtually every game live either on the east coast or the west coast.

Growing up in the 1960s in the NYC metro area, I was lucky if I got to see maybe one game a year on TV and possibly hear one game on radio.  I basically learned about results and what transpired during the games through reading the newspaper the next day.

For Columbus area fans, I suppose one thing that has changed for the worse is the price of tickets to games.   And I’m not minimizing that for fans who love to and are able to go to all the home games.  

But, for the rest of us, it is so much easier in so many ways to follow the current state of the team, as well as enjoy trips down memory lane.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 28 Comments