While on the Dan Patrick Show, ESPN's Louis Riddick was asked who he believed is the second best quarterback in the draft (because no one is better than Kyler Murray, duh!). Riddick stopped Dan and said that Dwayne is the best quarterback in the draft. I'm going to bullet point his lengthy response because there are a lot of good nuggets in the clip that could foreshadow both Ryan Day's career at Ohio State and Dwayne Haskins' career in the NFL.
- The coaching Haskins received in college was second to none; he believes people should be knocking down doors to get Ryan Day in the NFL
- Day's passing game concepts are going to "explode" in 2019
- Ohio State hasn't reached their potential as to what they can do offensively
- Haskins' intelligence is shown in the way he describes how defenses tried to stop Ohio State's offense, which allowed him to put up such big numbers
- He believes Haskins sitting and learning for a year could lead to him having Patrick Mahomes level of success
I really believe Ryan Day is going to take the Buckeye offense to a new level that was unseen in the first six years of the Meyer era. He may not have some of the intangibles of Urban (yet), but I have a genuine positive sense of anxiousness for this upcoming season.
Normally I don't listen to any sports radio, but I was watching Haskins' highlights and came across the video here, if you all want to watch: