Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Baldwin’s Way of Responding to the QB Battle

+18 HS
ShawneeBuck74's picture
January 5, 2019 at 9:27pm
111 Comments

With all the analysis of how Tate is responding to the addition of Fields, I saw Birm’s article on how Matt Baldwin is responding.

https://lettermenrow.com/ohio-state-football/ohio-state-matthew-baldwin-buckeyes-football-quarterback-battle/

I love to hear this kid talk and I love this response. This guy exudes leadership and has strong confidence. 

In high school, I had [Baylor quarterback] Charlie Brewer one year ahead of me, so I had the option my sophomore year to transfer schools,” Baldwin said after the Rose Bowl. “That was competition, and I could have ran away from it and gone to get mine, started some other place for some worse school for three years. But I stuck with it, and I think it eventually made me much better sitting behind him and getting to play my senior year.

“I’ve never been someone to shy away from competition. I’m not afraid of competition. I welcome it. The best player is going to play here. There are no politics, and I hope I can be the best player.”

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 111 Comments