Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

WAY to Early 2019 Two-Deep

+4 HS
CCBucks's picture
January 4, 2019 at 5:55pm
43 Comments

I know, I know. The offseason has just begun, what am I thinking?

Last season was a long ride, and I for one will miss UFM, but I'm ready for the New Day Era to begin. One of the things that gets me excited is the hypothetical 2-deep (I'm the kind of guy that plays Madden on GM mode).

Hardest positions to work through were with the defensive back seven. Other things I noticed were that OL depth is starting to weaken again, and WR and DB recruiting will need to pick back up. LB's look to be the strongest in terms of talent/depth but have been one of the worst units this year.

Without further ado, both offense and defense projected line-up. I leave out Arnette, Hill, and Haskins who are all leans to leave for the NFL, but would project as starters if they return. Also limited true freshmen on the list, as it's been since Dobbins (injury) and Jordan (weak development) since a true freshman as started at tOSU.

OFFENSE

QB: Fields / Martell OR Baldwin

RB: Dobbins / Teague

WR: Mack / Babb

LT: Munford / Alabi

LG: Bowen / Cupp

C: Myers / Miller

RG: Davis / Jones

RT: Petit-Frere / Wray

WR: Olave OR Victor / Smith OR Harris

HB: McCall / Gill

TE: Farrell / Ruckert OR Berry OR Hausmann

DEFENSE*

DE: Young / Smith

DT: Hamilton OR Togiai / Jackson

DT: Landers OR Vincent / Garrett

DE: Cooper / Cornell

OLB: Harrison / Jones

MLB: Borland OR Mitchell / Gant

OLB: Browning OR Werner / Hillard

CB: Sheffield / Wade**

DB: White / Pryor

DB: Fuller / Proctor

CB: Okudah / Johnson

*Larry Johnson likes to rotate players on the DL, two deep is highly subjective here, with lots of snaps to go around.

**Wade moves to nickle on passing downs

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 43 Comments