Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Taking Your Foot off the Gas

+7 HS
brutus0717's picture
January 2, 2019 at 2:21am
56 Comments

I don't think there's any doubt that we've seen a kinder/gentler Urban Meyer over the last few years. I remember when he was hired by tOSU that most fans felt we were going to run an aggressive scheme both offensively and defensively. The B1G Championship Game against Wisconsin was the ultimate display if this mentality. But the mentality has been different since that time. Believe me when I say this is not a knock on Urban, I just think the perception of Buckeye football could be different. The B1G Championship 2017, we took our foot off the gas, as well as the Cotton Bowl against USC. These games were followed by the 2019 Rose Bowl, another game in which the Buckeyes could have won by a MUCH larger margin of victory. Do you agree? Have these games changed the national perception of our beloved Buckeyes? And where does Ryan Day go from here? We're not going to get a strength of schedule vote of confidence from the CFP Committee, so we might as well win every game by 70 points! Just my thoughts. Yours?

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 56 Comments