Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Mike Yurcich Offensive Philosophy

+14 HS
216ToThe614's picture
January 2, 2019 at 1:54am
15 Comments

I was discussing with my friend (s/o Srow_SpecialK) about the hire of Mike Yurcich and what this meant for the direction Ryan Day wanted to take the offense as he assumed control of the football program. We both expressed concerns that we may get a little pass happy or air-raid-ish going forward, which was a huge concern as Urban built his offense around inside zone and constantly hammered on how it was always an "offensive line-driven team", which coincidentally is the only way to win in the B1G or postseason. So, I did some scouring of the internet for more information on Yurcich, and thankfully I didn't have to look very far as our friends over at TheOzone found and included a video of Yurcich explaining his base offensive concepts. The first words out of his mouth after introducing himself were that he would be explaining inside zone, and I was finally sold on him (as long as he can recruit with the best of them!). He's only four years older than Day and will form an excellent offensive brain-trust alongside Wilson with Day overseeing.

Here's the link to the article.

Here's the video sans article:

Go Bucks!

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 15 Comments